Whether or not your child eats breakfast can determine how they will fare for the rest of the day — will they be happy and energetic, or grumpy and tired? Breakfast is important because:
- It helps maintain a healthy weight for your child
- It provides energy and stamina for the rest of the day
- It improves mood and concentration
- It can affect your child’s education
However, more and more children are skipping breakfast before going to school. This can cause a huge impact on their growth and development. But, don’t worry! Here are 3 tricks you can use to encourage your child to eat breakfast:
- Model the behaviour you want your child to learn
- Keep breakfast light
- Give them options
Check to see if your child’s school offers a breakfast program if they can’t have breakfast at home!
Read more about this topic here.